Mercury Insurance Review 2020: Complaints, Ratings and Coverage
Reviews and ratings for Mercury Insurance
- Mercury customer satisfaction ratings are average or worse.
- You have fewer auto insurance complaints than other companies in relation to their size and with respect to the average number of home insurance complaints.
- Car insurance policies have few extras, which can keep prices low.
Mercury Insurance has a large car insurance customer base in California, but is also active in 11 other states and offers additional products such as personal, rental, and industrial vehicle insurance. Your plans are marketed through a network of individual agents.
Mercury Insurance review details Auto insurance rating
Mercury ranked 23 of the 25 insurers in the Audatex ranking of the best car insurance companies, earning 3.7 stars out of 5 for overall performance. The Audatex rating is a score based on:
- J.D. Power ratings for customer service, claims satisfaction and purchase satisfaction.
- Consumer Reports customer satisfaction ratings.
- Consumer complaints against the insurer, based on data from the National Association of Insurance Commissioners.
Mercury car insurance coverage options
Mercury is a meat and potato insurer with basic insurance options, including optional rental car insurance and breakdown assistance.
Travel insurance is also available at Mercury. Traditional car insurance policies do not cover you while driving for companies like Uber or Lyft, and those companies’ insurance only covers drivers with passengers or on the way to pick them up. But while waiting for a fee, none of the policies cover it and that is where the travel coverage fills the gap.
Mercury Car Insurance CUSTOMER SATISFACTION
|2019 J.D. Power Study||Mercury ranks…|
|Insurance Shopping (Auto)||Among the rest|
|Auto Insurance Claims Satisfaction||Among the rest|